Register with Tai Teg.
- Before you create an account please read the eligibility criteria section to make sure that you meet the criteria.
- Complete all the sections in the registration form otherwise we will be unable to process your application and you will be placed back on not yet submitted.
- Once completed remember to press the submit button.
- We have up to 5 working days to assess your application and make a decision to approve or decline.
Once you have been approved and placed on Tai Teg Register.
- When you have been approved your status will change to ready to apply;
- From now on you can apply for properties depending on what you have been approved for i.e to rent /buy or both.
- You should also receive emails every Thursday with information on properties available via Tai Teg.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to make sure the details on your application form is correct at the time of applying for a property as it may affect your place on the shortlist. If your details needs amending please make sure to let us know before the property closing date. Details updated after the shortlist is created will not be considered, and will only be placed as reserve for that property.
Applying for a property
- Once you applied for a property your application will be include on a declaration of interest list.
- We will not create a shortlist for the property until the closing date has been, please do not contact us during this time as we will be unable to provide you with any information.
- After the property closing date we will create a shortlist taking your approval date/affordability/family size and local connection into consideration. Shortlists would be completed within 5/6 working days of the property closing date, depending on workload.
- Depending on the number of properties available for the specific advert i.e 4 x 2 bed properties, we may have to re-open the application if we don’t have sufficient applications.
- Once the shortlist is in place then we will invite you to submit your documents 3 months before the property is ready to allow us to complete a comprehensive financial assessment.
- You will be given a deadline to upload your documents. If you are unable to make this deadline for a specific reason, then please contact the team otherwise you will be placed back on ready to apply.
- We require all the documents listed below. We will be unable to proceed with your application if all the documents have not been submitted.
- Please name the documents before uploading as this makes it easier for us to identify i.e Bank statement March 2020 / Payslips April 2020
- If you have more than once bank account then please upload 3 months statements for all of the accounts.
- If you have any loans/credit cards and/or store cards you must provide the documentation.
- When uploading statements, we ask, when possible, that you firstly download them via your online banking account and then upload that file to your Tai Teg account.
Main Applicant & Joint Applicant
- 3 months of full recent bank statement (all account that you may have)
- 3 months recent pay slips
- Proof of any other income (Tax credit or entitlement letter of private pension)
- Proof of savings (ISA, Bonds & Shares)
- Proof of I.D. (Passport/Birth Certificate/Driving License Card)
- Proof of residency (Utility bills/bank statements/electoral roll)
- Bank Loans (If applicable)
- Credit cards(If applicable)
- Store Cards (If applicable)
- Confirmation of decision in principle
- Child care charges (If applicable)
- Certificate SA302 for the last 3 years
Failure to provide the required documentation may result in us moving on to the next applicant on the shortlist.
Assessing your application
- Once all of your documents have been submitted your application will be allocated to a member of staff.
- The member of staff will then complete the financial assessment based on the evidence you provide;
- This should take between 1-2 days providing you have submitted all the information as requested.
- We may need to contact you during this process to clarify some issue or ask for further information.
- Ensuring your documents are referenced and in order does make it easier for the officer to assess.
Application Approved for a property
- Once the officer has assessed your application it will be sent to the manager to be verified.
- If the manager agrees with the assessment, then it will be forward to the landlord for consideration.
- Only when the landlord approves your application that you will then be offered the property.
- We will send you a link to a satisfaction questionnaire as receiving feedback on the process is very important for us.
- Once the landlord accepts the application for the property, we will close your account on Tai Teg and delete all documents.
- Your main point of contact from now on will be your landlord.
Application declined for a property
- Following the financial assessment and if you do not have sufficient disposable income at the end of the month then your application may be declined for this specific property by Tai Teg.
- We will discuss this with you and we will review our decision if you have further information or evidence to support your application;
- If your application is sent to the landlord and they decline, e.g following reference from landlord/credit checks then they will also make contact with you to discuss the reason and they will inform Tai Teg of their decision.
- Your application will be placed back on ready to apply as another suitable/affordable property may come available.
- All documents uploaded will be deleted from your account.
Reviewing Applicants on the Tai Teg Register
- An automated email will be sent out to applicants that have not logged in to their account for 28 days asking them to login and or review their details.
- A Second automated email will be sent one month from first email as a reminder to log in to your account.
- If applicants have not logged in within 2 months after receiving reminders, then their application will be deleted, and you will no longer be on the Tai Teg register.
- Should you want to re-apply then you must create a new account and complete the on-line application. Your original approval date will not be considered.
Please note: As noted in section 8 of the Tai Teg application form, should you be found to have provided incorrect information then Tai Teg have the right to close your application.