- Age - you must be over 18 years of age.
- Financial - Annual gross household income between £16,000 to £45,000
- Income - we only consider tax credit. We do not consider benefits as income.(If you are self employed the annual income that should be entered on your application as gross profit is the profit figure on your tax return (pages 13 or 14) not the turnover figure (as this is the amount of money taken by a business in a particular period and not counted as income).
- Employment - applicants must be in employment (part-time or full-time but must have an income of £16,000 - £45,000 gross per year) or if purchasing with savings and can't buy on the open market without help. (You will have to prove that you have income towards running the property).
- Affordable - you can't afford to rent on the open market and / or buy a property that suits your needs.
- Accommodation - to be either a first time buyer or if the current home is unsuitable and does not meet your family's needs e.g.
- in need due to relationship breakdown - (evidence of sale & equity from sale of jointly owned property)
- specific needs - (reviewed on a case by case)
- affordability - (current rent is unaffordable)
- due to family size - (evidence of overcrowding)
- Local Connection - you will be required to have a local connection with the area you choose to live e.g. live, work or with family, close family connection.
- Exemption - Service Personnel - we do consider applications even if the `Service Personnel ' income is ' zero ' - but there is a need to have a local connection as specifed above.
Homes whose income is not enough to enable them to buy or rent a suitable home for their needs on the open market.
Please note:- once registered and when you declare an interest for a property the shortlist will be created in approval date order.
** We can consider applications with an annual gross household income between £45,000 to £60,000 for the Rent to Buy scheme & Shared Ownership only **