- Age - you must be over 18 years of age.
- Financial - Annual gross household income between £16,000 to £45,000
- Income - we only consider tax credit. We do not consider benefits as income.
- Employment - applicants must be in employment (part-time or full-time but must have an income of £16,000 - £45,000 gross per year) or if purchasing with savings and can't buy on the open market without help. (You will have to prove that you have income towards running the property).
- Affordable - you can't afford to rent on the open market and / or buy a property that suits your needs.
- Accommodation - to be either a first time buyer or if the current home is unsuitable and does not meet your family's needs e.g.
- in need due to relationship breakdown
- specific needs
- due to family size
- Local Connection - you will be required to have a local connection with the area you choose to live e.g. live, work or with family, close family connection.
- Exemption - Service Personnel - we do consider applications even if the `Service Personnel ' income is ' zero ' - but there is a need to have a local connection as specifed above.
Homes whose income is not enough to enable them to buy or rent a suitable home for their needs on the open market.
Please note:- once registered and when you declare an interest for a property the shortlist will be created in registration date order.
** We can consider applications with an annual gross household income between £45,000 to £60,000 for the Rent to Buy scheme & Shared Ownership only **