Tai Teg is a register of people interested in homeownership who cannot currently afford to buy on the open market. In addition the information on the register supports us to identify housing need in specific areas, which then allows us to plan and develop housing stock in Anglesey and Gwynedd.
- http://www.ynysmon.gov.uk/tai/cartrefi-gwag/ Anglesey County Council Information on Empty Homes
Tai Teg Registration
For further information please click on the Tai Teg tab and read `Why Register’ and `Eligibility’. If you meet the criteria then proceed to the `*regsitration tab’*.
Tai Teg’s Operational Areas
The operational areas are the Counties of Anglesey and Gwynedd with a focus on people who are in employment who are having difficulty affording to purchase a homes on the open market, e.g.
- First Time Buyers;
- Growing families whose incomes are insufficient to obtain a large enough mortgage to buy a home suitable for their needs;
- Previous homeowners who need to set up an independent home due to relationship breakdown.
Tai Teg works in partnership with a range of organisations to find homes to meet people’s needs. These include:
- Council Housing and Planning Departments that have responsibility for strategic planning to meet housing need
- Builders with planning consent to build homes, some of which are required to be below market value
- Estate Agents
- Housing Associations with home ownership initiatives
- Property Owners
- Self builders
Tai Teg is supported by Anglesey County Council, Gwynedd Council and Welsh Government.
Noted below are a list of potential initatives currently available to support home owensrship:-
- Home Buy
- Shared Equity
- Intermediate rent scheme
- Empty Homes
- S106 Self build
- Dicounted S106 properities.
For further information on the above initiatives please click on the Tai Teg tab and read the Home Purchase Options.
Did You Know?
There are over 700 empty properties on Anglesey and there are grants available for first time buyers to help bring such properties back into use. Contact the Anglesey Empty Homes Officer on 01248 752283 for more information.